There are a number of different ways to fundraise for the Somerset 2020 Festival Appeal, from taking part in a challenge experience to organising your own sponsored event.
You can join in on thousands of great sponsorship challenges taking place all over the UK. There not all just walks, runs or bike rides either – you can skydive, swim or sail too.
If a gruelling physical challenge isn’t for you, consider hosting your own sponsorship event such as a bake sale, ladies or quiz night. You might want to slowly collect sponsorship with challenges such as a sponsored slim, stopping smoking or drinking wine which can be done over many months.
When it comes to collecting sponsorship for your event, we strongly recommend you use the MCF’s online fundraising page. You can create a page in less than a minute and make it yours by uploading your story, photos, or even a video.
You can send the link for your fundraising page to your family, friends and colleagues making it easy for them to sponsor you.
Start fundraising today by clicking the purple “Start Fundraising” button. All sponsorship collected will go straight into the Somerset 2020 Festival Appeal Relief Chest.
You can download our top tips for making the most of your fundraising page here >>
Forms and Guidance
If you’d like to collect sponsorship the traditional way, please download our Sponsorship Form.
We strongly recommend reading the Sponsorship Guidance Notes before you start fundraising. This will ensure you complete the form correctly and enable the MCF to claim Gift Aid on these donations.
Top Fundraising Ideas
Fundraising and sponsored events can raise vital funds and previous activities have included long-distance cycle rides, marathons, quiz nights and world record attempts. The five most popular ideas for fundraising events recently have been:
- Sponsored slim – Earn pounds (£) for the pounds (lb) you lose.
- Skydives – Free fall towards a fantastic fundraising total!
- Challenge events– join an organised challenge event or make up your own such as cycles, runs and mountains climbs
- Games nights – Run a games night and generate sponsorship from ticket sales and an impromptu raffle.
- White Tables or Lady Nights – A fancy dinner can be fundraising dynamite!
Fundraising support from the MCF
The MCF has a wide range of fundraising information and materials available to support you in organising and promoting your event or sponsored challenge.
If you have an enquiry regarding donations, sponsorship or Gift Aid, please contact the Relief Chest team on: email@example.com or 020 3146 3333.
If you would like support to organise a Festival or fundraising event, please contact the Fundraising Manager on: firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 3146 3333.
If you would like any leaflets, display materials or help to promote your event, please contact the Comms team on: email@example.com or 020 3146 3333.
Examples of the type of materials the MCF could provide to assist you include but are not limited to:
- Sponsorship support: relevant forms and donor guides are available online and our dedicated support teams can help you collect sponsorship.
- Fundraising materials: fundraising business cards, branded t-shirts or running vests, free standing banners and a range of merchandise can help you raise donations
- Information Leaflets: a wide-range of leaflets are available to help you raise awareness of the MCF. See the full range here >>
- Event promotion: e-newsletters to potential donors in your Province, MCF website and social media channels can spread the word about your event.